Monday 20 July 2009

The Time Traveller's Wife

Saw the trailer for 'The Time Travelers Wife' yesterday.
It was a total surprise because I had totally forgotten they were adapting it for film. You see, my friend who would have normally alerted me isn't talking to me at the moment. It's hard because I really want to share this with him.

I have read this book so many times that I have a pretty good 'film' version going on in my head already, and this? It all looked a bit too shiny and glamorous to me. Firstly, there doesn't seem to be enough rain and grey tones. Doesn't Claire need to look more ethereal? Her hair is neither thick enough or long enough and it needs to be more red. Like, I thought she was a proper red head, almost ginger. Eric Bana is hot an all but I would have thought he would lose weight for the film. Henry often pukes up, is running around, fighting people and just mostly in this total crazy mess and I just imagined he would look less shiny an new and a little more scrawny...! So shoot me. But I'm not gonna build myself up for disappointment.

I might not even go and see it. Maybe I should just stick to the version in my head. If I go watch it then maybe my scenery will change and Rachel 'smiley smiley' McAdams will keep popping in for a cuppa too. I'm happy with my version, I don't want it to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment