Friday 17 July 2009

Content

I'm ok. It's strange what makes a person content. One day I'm all hurly-burly-feeling-lonely-screaming-rage-in-my-head, but here I am alone in the house on a Friday night feeling quite content.

I had a full uneventful day - survived work which started at 7am, did some sale shopping after and spent a crazy amount of money in the space of 1 hour, but birthday presents for all the younger members of the family are set until next year :). Met up with my friend for lunch/dinner which was lovely then home. I felt all creative and decided to make a card for my niece using decorations I nicked from a wedding recently - how nifty am I?

Now I'm sitting in bed listening to music and watching the sky. It looks amazing. These rainy days suit me. I love it when it rains especially if there is thunder and lightning involved. Yesterday I actually rode my bike out in the rain, I haven't done that...well...ever. It was wonderful. Not since I was a kid have I gotten wet in the rain on purpose and never whilst cycling. But I love it even more when I'm snuggled in bed and the rain is pouring onto my flat roof (room is an extension).

At the moment I see heavy dark clouds, the colour of which I can only describe as 'prussian blue' but with patches of clear sky in the distance where I can see the oranges and pinks of the setting sun. See, I am looking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment